February 28, 2011

Fitness is in the mind, not the legs.

Being active, eating right, & keeping fit has become increasingly more important for me over the years. I think I realized the importance of both food & fitness when I was a vegetarian for 90 days last year. I completely immersed myself in literature supporting healthy lifestyles. I threw myself into The Kind Diet & read every book that Michael Polland has written. Although I decided that being a vegetarian wasn't right for me, it helped me tweak alot of details in my own diet & has really helped me become more aware of what goes into the food that I eat.

Although my dedication to working out has most certainly faltered at times, I've felt really encouraged these past two years to stay active. More recently, I have found myself working out every single morning. Whether it be a quick two mile job around the neighborhood, a 30-minute yoga session, or a full 2-hour sweat in the gym. I'm learning that you have to take it one day at a time & just because you don't do well in your work-out one day, doesn't mean that tomorrow you won't have the stamina of a fighter. It's all about balance.

I've been feeling really great lately after my workouts. My body is certainly changing & I've even dropped a few pounds (bonus!). I've also been enjoying making fun playlists for the gym. Here's a sample of what's been on a few of my recent playlists. I love running to all of these tracks.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

If you have any good gym music to share, please leave a comment! I'm always looking for new songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment